Simulation Starter Kit (Engine, Editor and SDK)
A downloadable tool for macOS
SimulationStarterKit is a modular (plugin-based) fully customisable cross-platform graphical editor and engine and is very much a work in progress.
- The engine can be extended by way of plugins that add components and systems to the engine (the engine is Entity Component System (ECS) based).
- The editor can be extended by way of plugins that add tools and behaviours to the toolbar and other extension points within the editor enabling you to customise both the engine and editor according to your product / simulation / game's needs.
A list of features supported by SimulationStarterKit include:
- A customisable plugin entity-component-system based framework and editor
- C++ / CMake based (builds on Windows, Linux, Mac and ARM based devices)
- Bundles with an editor and code wizards for generating standalone games and plugins
- Scripting support (Lua)
- Versioned serialisation of scenes
- Out of the box scene editing tools
- Undo / redo all actions performed within the editor
- Import models from a wide variety of formats
- Bundles with plugins for physics, constructive solid geometry and more
- Extension points within the engine and editor to enable a high degree of customisation
- Property and method reflection - properties and methods of components, systems and scene items are reflected on and can be accessed graphically in the editor and programatically either directly or through script
- Shader support - simply drop your shader source files in a directory and start using them directly in the editor or via script
- Shader reflection - engine reflects on shader properties so they can be edited, scripted and animated within the editor and engine
- Animation support for any object property (right click an object -> Animate -> [property])
For details regarding new features and bug fixes see the dev log below or visit:
NB: Any versions installed prior to 0.35.0 should be uninstalled manually using the uninstaller provided with the installation. From version 0.35.0 onwards the previous version is automatically uninstalled during installation.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- FireflySceneComposer-0.40.10-Darwin.dmg2 days ago
- Material drag and drop added36 days ago
- Texturing support added78 days ago
- Editor updated - Game code wizard added89 days ago
- FireflySceneComposer-0.40.2-Darwin.dmg94 days ago
- FireflySceneComposer-0.40.1-Darwin.dmgOct 12, 2018
- FireflySceneComposer-0.39.0-Darwin.dmgOct 08, 2018
- FireflySceneComposer-0.38.6-Darwin.dmgAug 09, 2018
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.